In the assessment of the facilities, the Prep School baths and toilets are currently undergoing some upgrading. With the Gymnasium expected to be operational, the life experience of the future Preppies will greatly improve. However, the wall finishes in the Prep School Lavatory and Showers has reached their end of life.
A small spruce up activity of new wall finishes is expected to bring a fresh look and feel to the Prep School Lavatory and Showers. It is proposed that new pebble wash finishes be installed at the facility.
The following findings were observed by the MCKK Restoration Sub-committee during their assessment in May 2021:
- Poor conditions of the toilets (WCs).
- Wall tiles are stained, faded and/or dirty.
- Students are not utilizing the squatting type WCs.
- No proper facility for washing clothes. Students are seen washing along the corridor opposite Dorm A, which are visible to visitors.
Impacts to students:
- Insufficient good toilets (WCs) for use.
- General unsanitary appearance and condition of the toilets.
- Poor image.
- Replace all WCs within the Prep School toilet with new sitting type WCs (This has been taken up by the school through Government budget allocation).
- Hack all existing wall and floor tile finishes and scrape existing wall paint.
- Replace wall and floor tiles with new finishes.