The Gymnasium lavatory and showers had been left unused for over many years and are in dilapidated state.
With the proposed refurbishment, these will act as additional facilities to the nearby Prep School complex, reducing the wear and tear on the aged shower facilities at the Prep School.
The following findings were observed by the committee during their May 2021 assessment:
- Toilets and changing rooms have been cleared of old furniture with some wall and floor damages.
- Damaged or worn-out fittings and finishes, and no water supply to the toilets and showers.
Impacts to students:
- Unusable toilets, showers and changing rooms.
- Restore the gymnasium toilets, showers and changing rooms to usable conditions. The facility could also be used to supplement the Prep School toilet’s capacity.
- Install new wall and floor finishes at the changing room and toilet area.
- Install new sanitary plumbing system and fittings (WCs, showers, wash basins, counter tops).
- Dismantle existing cold water plumbing system and install new water system (water tanks, pipes, valves, etc).